Social Emotional Support
If you need immediate emergency assistance, please call 911.
- 24 Hour Crisis Connections - Consults with families and connects them to appropriate services
- Teen Link – professionally trained youth volunteers answer the phone and talk with students about problems at school, drugs and alcohol, self-harm, grief and loss, dating violence, family problems, eating disorders, and much more.
- Call or Text 1-866-TEENLINK (1-866-833-6546) Hours: 6pm-10pm
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Your School counselor's role includes providing professional assistance and support to a student or small group of students during times of transition, heightened stress, critical change or other situations impeding student success. School counselors do not provide therapy or long-term counseling in schools; however, school counselors are prepared to recognize and respond to student mental health needs and to assist students and families seeking resources.
Mental Health Topics You May Wish to Discuss with Your Counselor
- Self Harm
- Concerns about friends or peers