Letters of Recommendations Protocol
LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION PROTOCOL:
- Brag-sheet needs to be completed (Located below as an attachment under Important Worksheets)
- You need 2-3 recommenders (make sure they are the same recommenders for EOP and Privates)
- Ask your recommenders through email if they can write you a letter of recommendation
- If the recommender/s says yes, email them a hard copy of your completed brag-sheet
- When emailing the recommender make sure you send a professional email (you can google this, just do not copy word by word. Make it your own) thank them for their time and let them know that the Letter of Recommendation for EOP is due November 30th and privates are due December 13th (Before we go on break)
- Please let recommenders know that for EOP they will receive a Recommendation form through email to fill out (this happens when you submit your CSU application).
- For private schools, letters of recommendation are actual letter. This will be due about the same time as your application deadline (THIS IS WHY IT IS IMPORTANT TO ASK EARLY)
- Also if you are applying for a private school make sure you request your recommender through your application.
- You can start asking as soon as you are done with your brag sheet (make sure your brag sheet was looked over by Ms. Aboli
- Make sure you always put down the right email or they will never receive your recommendation request
- Please keep in mind some teachers might have a limit on how many students they will accept
- Always follow up with your recommenders to make sure they are completing the recommendation in a timely manner.
- LASTLY, YOUR RECOMMENDERS DO NOT NEED TO SHARE THEIR RECOMMENDATIONS WITH YOU IF THEY DO NOT WANT TO. SO DO NOT ASK THEM FOR IT.
Here are some tips to help you ask your teacher/counselor for a letter of recommendation.