Every month there will be a college newsletter for the most up to date college information. You can find the most recent College Newsletters to the left of this page and any resources and upcoming events will be located at the bottom of the page. Please visit the Scholarship Resources link as well.
Class of 2020 College Acceptances:
- Alverno College
- Arizona State University
- Bradley University
- Cal Lutheran
- California State University, Bakersfield
- California State University, Channel Islands
- California State University, Chico
- California State University, Dominguez Hills
- California State University, East Bay
- California State University, Fullerton
- California State University, Long Beach
- California State University, Los Angeles
- California State University, Monterey Bay
- California State University, Northridge
- California State University, San Bernardino
- California State University, San Diego
- California State University, San Francisco
- California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
- California State Polytechnic Unversity, San Luis Obispo
- Chaminade University of Honolulu
- Compton College
- College of the Redwoods
- Concordia University of Edmonton, Canada
- Dickinson College
- Doane University
- East Los Angeles College
- El Camino College
- DePaul University
- Fordham University
- Fresno State University
- Glendale College
- Grand Canyon University
- Hawaii Pacific University
- Humboldt State University
- La Verne University
- Los Angeles Trade-Tech
- Los Angeles City College
- McPherson College
- Northern Arizona State University
- Oregon State University
- Sacramento State University
- San Jose State University
- Santa Monica College
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of California, Davis
- University of California, Irvine
- University of California, Los Angeles
- University of California, Merced
- University of the Pacific
- University of California, Riverside
- University of California, San Diego
- University of California, Santa Barbara
- University of California, Santa Cruz
- University of Southern California
- Victor Valley Community College
- Wellesley College
- West Los Angeles College
- Woodbury University
College Counselor Hours
By Appointment Only!!!
Every week you will be able to schedule an appointment with the college counselor by clicking here. This will be updated every Friday by the end of the day.
Sign up for the Remind Text service to get reminders regarding college representative info meetings, testing information, scholarship opportunities, important deadlines, and more.
Parents are welcome to join. (You may unsubscribe at any time.)
SENIORS – Text @sqa2021 to 81010
JUNIORS-Text @sqa202 to 81010 (yes it is @sqa202)
SOPHOMORES- Text @sqa2023 to 81010
FRESHMEN-Text @sqa2024 to 81010
Trouble using 81010? Try texting to (754) 333-6659 instead.
Are you a student trying to find a college or university you are ELIGIBLE for? If you have no clue as to which college can be a great fit, start exploring!
Noodle.org is a wonderful online tool for you to utilize when searching for colleges and universities. You can filter by location, college size, and most importantly GPA and SAT scores. Check it out! http://www.noodle.com/
BIG FUTURE: https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org
• Use the College Search filters to find the right school for you!
• Search by major, test scores/selectivity, and location to start. The size of the school may matter to you, too.
Think about the learning environment in which you would be most comfortable – where you would be
most likely to get INVOLVED in your education.
• Under “Paying,” you will find a Net Price Calculator option to calculate approximate financial aid
opportunities to get a better estimate of what you might actually pay.
- Brag-sheet needs to be completed (Located below as an attachment under Important Worksheets)
- You need 2-3 recommenders (make sure they are the same recommenders for EOP and Privates)
- Ask your recommenders through email if they can write you a letter of recommendation
- If the recommender/s says yes, email them a hard copy of your completed brag-sheet
- When emailing the recommender make sure you send a professional email (you can google this, just do not copy word by word. Make it your own) thank them for their time and let them know that the Letter of Recommendation for EOP is due November 30th and privates are due December 13th (Before we go on break)
- Please let recommenders know that for EOP they will receive a Recommendation form through email to fill out (this happens when you submit your CSU application).
- For private schools, letters of recommendation are an actual letter. This will be due about the same time as your application deadline (THIS IS WHY IT IS IMPORTANT TO ASK EARLY)
- Also if you are applying for private school make sure you request your recommender through your application.
- You can start asking as soon as you are done with your brag-sheet (make sure your brag-sheet was looked over by Ms. Aboli
- Make sure you always put down the right email or they will never receive your recommendation request
- Please keep in mind some teachers might have a limit on how many students they will accept
- Always follow up with your recommenders to make sure they are completing the recommendation in a timely manner.
- LASTLY, YOUR RECOMMENDERS DO NOT NEED TO SHARE THEIR RECOMMENDATIONS WITH YOU IF THEY DO NOT WANT TO. SO DO NOT ASK THEM FOR IT.
Resource for College Applications: AB 540 and DACA Students
When completing your college applications, leave the Social Security Number (SSN) blank. When asked about citizenship status, answer none of the above.
Make sure to answer all questions about when your stay in California began.
For CSU Applications, complete the California Non-Resident Tuition Exemption Request Form
Males 18-25 must register with Selective Service to be eligible for Cal Grant and other state aid. Obtain a registration form at the U.S. Post Office or you can click HERE for the form to complete. Make sure you follow the directions on how to fill out the form. Once you complete the form you need to mail it ASAP.
Laws and Important Information for Undocumented Students
AB 540 California Senate Bill: http://www.immigrationdirect.com/ab540-california-state-bill.jsp
UC AB 540 Information: http://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/paying-for-uc/tuition-and-cost/ab540/index.html
CSU AB 540 Information: http://www.csuchico.edu/fa/categories/ab540.shtml
Common Application & DACA Information: https://appsupport.commonapp.org/ics/support/KBAnswer.asp?questionID=1120&subscribe=
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM!